- Possess experience with a variety of secretarial duties and skilled tasks that may include preparing agenda and minutes, managing the organization of shared data files and supporting the organization functions. At the heart of the role is office management and serving as a trusted partner to advance Tolson’s programs and goals.
- Detail-oriented and professional.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Extremely proficient with Google Drive, including Google Docs and Google Sheets
- Flexible and adaptable in various situations and when interacting with many individuals of diverse personalities and cultural backgrounds.
- Basic understanding of clerical procedures and systems such as recordkeeping and filing.
- Ability to work independently and reliably.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks including delegation of tasks when appropriate.
- Knowledge of, or ability to quickly acquire, familiarity with the roles and function of the assigned department, and any specifically applicable laws or guidelines.
- Bilingual ability preferred.
- Provides high level administrative support, such as writing and editing emails, drafting emails, and preparing communication on behalf of the Executive Director.
- Maintains the organization of and access to shared Google Drive, and other information and communication platforms.
- Provides support to the Executive Director and other constituents to effectively use electronic tools.
- Prepares agendas and schedules for board meetings, and committee meetings as assigned.
- Takes and distributes communication or other notes as requested.
- Manage the executive director calendar, including making appointments and prioritizing the most sensitive matters.
- Responds to and resolves administrative inquiries and questions.
- Supports accounting activity, in coordination with the Finance Committee and Accounting Firm of record.
- Collects requested data and information from various sources including email and other correspondence, meeting minutes and records, and other documents; prepares summaries of findings and/or other related written correspondence as requested.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Associate’s degree required, Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.
- Three to five years of experience in a related role is required.
- Must be able and willing to work in remote/virtual settings.
- Must be available outside of normal business hours.
Application Deadline and Start Date
- Anticipated start date: September 1, 2022
- Application deadline: August 18, 2022
Executive Assistant Application
Please be sure to upload your resume and cover letter, in English or Spanish, at the bottom of this form. Your cover letter can be up to 2 pages single-spaced and should include answers to the following two questions:
- What intrigues you about and draws you to this leadership opportunity at Tolson Center for Community Excellence, at this time?
- How do you define community leadership?
Solicitud de Asistente Ejecutivo
Asegúrese de cargar su currículum vitae y carta de presentación, en inglés o español, al final de este formulario. Su carta de presentación puede tener hasta 2 páginas a espacio simple y debe incluir respuestas a las siguientes dos preguntas:
- ¿Qué te intriga y te atrae a esta oportunidad de liderazgo en Centro Tolson para la Excelencia Comunitaria, en este momento?
- ¿Cómo se define el liderazgo comunitario?
Tolson Center for Community Excellence
1320 Benham Ave
Elkhart, IN 46516