About the Position
The Tolson Center for Community Excellence is seeking a Program Coordinator to manage Tolson Center programs operation from conception to implementation. The vision of the Center is to be a centerpiece for an enlivened south-central Elkhart, a premier destination for neighbors near and far, and a pathway to equity and opportunity.
- Possess experience in program development, event planning, or similar field. The key to our success is largely dependent on the stellar ability of our program management. This role will engage with people primarily 6 and up in programs focused on inclusive learning, recreating, and cultural exchange. At the heart of the role is project coordination and delegation, an entrepreneurial drive to accomplish goals and a passion to serve the needs and hopes of those for whom Tolson exists is essential.
- Bilingual (proficient in Spanish and English)
- Exceptional leadership, time management, facilitation, and organizational skills
- Working knowledge of digital platforms (social media,computer skills)
- Outstanding working knowledge of change management principles and performance evaluation
- Enjoy working with youth, young adults, adults, and seniors
- Close attention to detail and the ability to plan ahead
- Ability to work under pressure
- Administrative and clerical skills
- Interpersonal skills, including excellent written and verbal communication
- Plan, implement, and manage programs and activities for youth, young adults, adults, and seniors that adhere to the organizational mission
- Oversee multiple programs ensuring program goals and outcomes are reached
- Supervise program staff (including youth staff)
- Maintain organizational standards and satisfaction, quality, and performance.
- Analyze, evaluate, and overcome program risks, and produce program reports for leadership and stakeholders
- Develop and monitor program budgets.
- Perform outreach duties to engage with the local community
- Available to work evenings and weekends
- Performs other duties assigned.
Education and Experience
- Associate’s degree required, Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.
- Three to five years of experience in a related role is required.
- Program development: 2 years (Preferred)
- Event planning: 2 years (Preferred)
- 8 hour shifts
- Must be available outside of normal business hours such as weekends/evenings
- Must be available in person in Elkhart, IN 46516 (Required)
- $18/hour ; negotiable up to $20/hour
Application Deadline and Start Date
- Open now, closes when the position is filled
How to apply:
Fill out the form below, you can upload your resume and references in English or Spanish.
Your cover letter can be uploaded with your resume or written in your introduction.
Within your cover letter please include answers to the following questions:
- What intrigues you about or draws you to this leadership opportunity at the Tolson Center of community excellence?
- What experience do you have with program development, program budgeting, and event planning?
- How many years of experience do you have with program development, program budgeting, and event planning?
- What’s you’re fluency with English and Spanish?
- How do you define community leadership?
If the form below doesn’t work, tap here.
1320 Benham Ave
Elkhart, IN 46516